Wine industry partners who carry the “SIS” quality badge will demonstrate a public commitment to social transformation, as a mark of progressive business.
Educateurs Sans Frontieres (ESF) is a programme of the Association Montessori International* (“AMI”).
ESF-quality ECD, in a sustainable partnership with the wine industry, will secure the most rigorous teacher training program (AMI), contextualizing it to Africa’s lowest income contexts, and using it to both create world-class teachers and empowering low income women as entrepreneurs and community leaders.
This promises to transform the region’s social, economic, health and life outcomes.
Standards for ESF-quality ECD include:
• Teacher training at ESF-endorsed international standards;
• Quality international curricula, infused with bespoke local co-ownership and relevance;
• Learning conducted in quality, progressive learning environments;
• Sustainably supported by the requisite learning materials – and social services;
• And meeting formal governmental Department of Social Development (DSD)
ECD centre criteria.
Children deserve and require this set of standards,
to enable them to lead a radically changed future.