It also tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
If you have any questions, or would like to exercise your privacy rights, please contact us at email@example.com or Section 14 for “How to Contact Us” below in this policy.
- Personal Data
Personal Data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
- How we collect information
We collect a variety of information about those who donate, visit and interact with our website and social media. Below are different ways that we collect specific data.
- Donations: We only store transaction data provided through Stripe’s processing center regarding donation details from you. This information is vital in ensuring we are compliant with 501(c)(3) laws and provides you proper 501(c)(3) donation letters.
- Web Analytic Tools: We collect data on web users for analytical and advertising purposes. That information includes user’s browser, IP address, conversion of users into newsletter subscribers, and telemetry to provide us insights into the content which is most engaging, the direction of web traffic flows. Further, we make use of social media tracking codes from Facebook to measure inbound traffic based on advertising we utilize on that platform. We process the data with third parties including Google, Mailchimp and Facebook.
- Email Newsletter: If you sign up for our email newsletter, you are giving consent for us to store your first name, last name, and email address. You may unsubscribe or contact us to delete at any time.
- Communicate with you
We may use the information we collect to:
- Communicate with you to inform about our scholarship program, scholarship recipients course progress and upcoming fundraisers/events.
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions;
- Administer surveys and other market research;
- Conduct research on our visitor’s demographics, interests and behavior;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our organization’s communication features and strategies;
- Tailor the content we display to you in our communications, and in connection with your use of our websites or social media;
- Comply with legal requirements;
- Sharing your information
Unless explicated stated we only share data with third parties such as vendors and service providers who provide assistance with billing, payment processing, marketing, data analytics support and service associated with the site or service. We never share personal data that could be used to identify an individual.
- Additional Rights For EEA Users or Similar International Areas
If you live in the European Economic Area, or a similar international area, you may have additional privacy rights available to you under applicable laws. We will process your requests in accordance with applicable data protection laws. If you would like to exercise any of the below rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may consider your request in accordance with applicable law:
- Right not to provide or withdraw consent: You have the right not to provide or withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right of access: You may have the right to access the Personal Data that you provided Indaba Education Fund.
- Right of erasure: You may have the right to the erasure of Personal Data that Indaba Education Fund hold about you.
- Right to object to processing: You may have the right to request that Indaba Education Fund stop processing your Personal Data and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- Right to rectification: You may have the right to require us to correct any of your Personal Data.
- Data Protection Officer
Indaba Education Fund has appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure continued commitment to privacy and security practices. For further information, please contact us email@example.com
- Children Under Age of 13
Indaba Education Fund does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
- Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and/or visitors to our website have the option to discontinue receiving communication from us and/or reserve the right to discontinue receiving communications by way of email or newsletters. To discontinue or unsubscribe to our website, please send an email that you wish to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe and/or opt-out.
- Links to Other Web Sites
Indaba Education Fund shall endeavor and shall take every precaution to maintain adequate physical, procedural and technical security with respect to our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of the user’s personal information under our control.
The company also uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications in an effort to build users’ trust and confidence in the internet and website use by providing simple and secure access and communication of credit card and personal information.
- Acceptance of Terms
- How to Contact Us
Telephone Number: +1 866-257-367
Indaba Education Fund
16 W 36th St., Floor PH
New York, New York 10018