Procedures for Indaba Education Fund Bursary
Indaba Montessori Institute, 0-3 AMI Assistants to Infancy, Teacher Training Course
The Indaba Education Fund (IEF) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that invests in early childhood education within the South African Winelands. The IEF endeavors to improve young children’s capacity to develop and learn by investing in world-class, internationally-recognized, and accredited Montessori teacher training, educational infrastructure, and learning materials.
Students who are committed to pursuing a career in Montessori education in South Africa, notably in the Winelands communities, but lack the necessary funds are welcome to apply for a bursary to the Indaba Montessori Institute’s upcoming 0-3 AMI Assistants to Infancy teacher training course.
The IEF will award bursaries only to students who are in genuine need of financial aid. Expenses covered include tuition, full accommodation and catering for the duration of each module for the course. Successful bursary recipients are responsible for their own travel to and from the course.
Applications must only be made once a student has been accepted or provisionally accepted into the 0-3 AMI Assistants to Infancy course.
1. The student has been granted acceptance to the Indaba Montessori Institute’s 0-3 AMI Assistants to Infancy course starting in August 2017 in Stellenbosch, South Africa.
2. The student is a South African citizen, living in the Winelands. Applications will not be considered unless the applicant has a valid South African ID number.
3. The student can demonstrate a genuine need for financial aid and can provide evidence that he/she has insufficient funds.
Selection will favor students who:
• Currently work as an early childhood educator in the Winelands in South Africa.
• Plan to teach at an early childhood center or school in the South African Winelands following the completion of the 0-3 AMI course.
• Have a passion for working with children in a supportive, encouraging and understanding manner.
Applicants should download the course application form and send the complete application and required documents either electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or in-person to the front desk at the Sustainability Institute, Stellenbosch. Only a complete application with all documentation will be processed.
Once the applicant has received an official letter of acceptance to the course, they have 30 days to submit the following documents:
1. Income details of the applicant and spouse or family member for the last 6 months, including salary slips, other sources of income (rental income, government support etc).
2. Monthly expenses including rental contract, childcare, medical costs.
3. Bank account statements for the last three months.
Applicants are encouraged to provide as much information as possible to give a complete picture of their financial situation, as well as that of their spouse or family members.
Since the IEF’s resources are limited and cannot meet the financial needs of all students, applicants are encouraged to seek other sources of financial support.